At Serif Yenen Travel, we recognise that privacy is important. This document outlines the types of personal information we receive and collect when you use our services, as well as some of the steps we take to safeguard information. We hope this will help you make an informed decision about sharing personal information with us.
If you have a complaint, or would like more information about our data management practices, we can be reached via email at [email protected] or by calling our local offices. Our postal address is Soganci Sok 3/3 Cihangir, Istanbul.
What data do we collect?
Depending on the circumstances, Serif Yenen Travel may collect personal information when you register for a service or book a trip with us, including some or all of the following email, name, address and telephone number:
• Register interest for and/or enter a competition
• Subscribe to one of our Email Newsletters
• Download or request a brochure or other printed materials
• Refer a friend to Serif Yenen Travel
• Book a trip with us
When you are travelling with us, we may take video and images of you that may be used in brochures, in our advertising, and on our website. All participants of Serif Yenen Travel tours authorise Serif Yenen Travel to use his/her image (such as photograph, videotape, film or pictorial representation or recorded voice). If you do not wish for this to happen please notify Serif Yenen Travel in writing.
How the data is used
• We may combine personal information collected from you at different times to provide a better user experience, including customising content for you.
• We may use personal information to provide the services you’ve requested, including sending email newsletters, or sending printed materials to your postal address.
• Serif Yenen Travel processes personal information on our servers in Turkey and in other countries. In some cases, we process personal information on a server outside your own country.
• Serif Yenen Travel’s servers automatically record information when you visit our website, including the pages you visit, your IP address, browser type and language, and the date and time of your visit. We cannot identify you individually from this information. This information is used to make improvements to our site and make it easier to find the information you are looking for.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection
This Website is not directed toward children under 13 years of age nor does knowingly collect information from children under 13. If you are under 13, please do not submit any personally identifiable information to us.
• We offer you choices when we ask for personal information, whenever reasonably possible.
Card security policy
• Serif Yenen Travel (Yenen Turizm ve Yayincilik Ltd Sti) maintains the security of your credit card data by the following measures: All online payments are submitted over a secured socket layer (SSL). Credit card information is transmitted immediately to a payment gateway solution via an encrypted port. Serif Yenen Travel does not see or store your credit card number in any of our systems, it is used only by the bank within the context of the transaction. All credit card payments receive an identification number that is proof of the transaction’s acceptance into the banking system. This identification number can be used to trace any transaction back to the credit card issuer (for example, the bank that issued the MasterCard, or VISA credit card).
Use of TOOLS/”COOKIES” and links to other websites
Our website(s) may contain links to third party websites. It is your responsibility to check the status of these sites before using them. Please read their applicable terms and conditions, etc. carefully.
STATEMENT ON COOKIES
• Storing what’s in your shopping basket: This allows you to book trips with us.
• Collecting information: This means we can learn more about how you use our website so we can improve our products and online experience.
• Tailoring your experience: Cookies allow us to provide you with information, products and services that we think you’ll find interesting
• Making our marketing relevant: We can show you relevant offers and promotions on our own websites and through our advertising networks.
Types of cookies we use
By using our websites, you agree to us using cookies as set out in our Statement on Cookies.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files placed on your computer by us or our partners. They let us identify the device you’re using – but not you personally. This information is sent back to our systems as you move around our website.
Cookies are unique to the web browser you’re using – so if you’re using a desktop computer as well as a mobile, different data will be collected for each.
Cookies can be set by the owner of the website you’re on. These are known as 1st Party Cookies. There are also 3rd Party Cookies that can be set by partner websites. Only the owner of the cookie can see the anonymous information it collects.
You can choose to accept all cookies, reject 3rd Party Cookies or reject all cookies by changing your internet browser settings. If you don’t accept cookies, some features of our website won’t work. For example, you won’t be able to make a booking.
Buying our products online
Keeping track of your searches and preferences.
Your recent searches and shortlisted tours are recorded using cookies.
Improving your experience
We can also find out how you move around our website, so we can look into any errors stopping you from being able to do what you want. The data we collect from cookies is really important for us to improve your experience.
Making your experience personal
When you’re on our website, we might interact with you or show you personalised information and offers anonymously. Cookies help us to do this by letting us know how you’re using our website on your particular computer or device, which means we can work out what’s most relevant to you.
Adverts on other websites
You can change your browser settings to accept or refuse all cookies, choose which cookies you want or don’t want, or ask to be notified when a cookie is set. Use the help feature in your browser to see how.
Changing your mind after you’ve accepted our cookies
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website at http://www.serifyenen.com/terms
This policy was last modified on 18/12/2015
If you have questions, the best way to reach us for non-urgent matters is by email at [email protected]. Our team will try to get back to you within 24 hours with a full response.
Depending on where you’re calling us from, you can get us on any of the numbers listed on our websites.